Thursday, March 20, 2008

Finding Balance


When I had my first training session at the gym on Tuesday, I was reminded again that I need to keep finding balance in my life as a high priority. I've always been a pretty dominant lefty, and some of the exercises illustrated just how out of balance by body has become. When I had to balance on my left leg, I did pretty well. On the right, not so much. My body is out of balance, as my mind and life have been for some time. However, I'm forced to find a balance now if I want to find time for everything in my life that is important. I can't spend 4-5 hours a day working out (as I did once upon a time), because I also need time to spend with Alex and Ron, to write, to read. I have a tendency toward extremes when I embrace something, but I can't spend all my time doing any one thing right now. So, balance is a focus for me right now.

No comments: