Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Moving from Athena to Artemis


Just woke up, but thought I'd get in a quick blog post. Ron has to get into work early today, so I'm in charge solo in about 30 minutes. I have my first real workout with the new trainer today, with the program that she's been planning for me. Ron and I have decided to do the ab workout together each evening-last night was our first attempt. I didn't realize my abs were so weak! Well, nowhere to go but up, right?

I've been trying to focus on the mythological underpinnings of my new attempt to identify with a different archetype. I've always been closely identified with Athena, she who sprang fully formed from her father's head, a goddess of wisdom, strategy, and the intellect, who developed close friendships with men and was never interested in the world of women. In the past few years I've invited the energy of Aphrodite, Hestia and Demeter into my life in an attempt to find balance, and now it is time for Artemis. Artemis is fully in her body, and loves the athleticism of it. I need to find that joy of being in my body, of reveling in it's youth and strength. I need her with me when I meet with the trainer later today, that's for sure. :) Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Adrian said...

Hello Allison! You have a great blog. Great design and great content. And you like Loreena McKennitt! Many greetings, Adrian from Germany