Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Things

I haven't written a blog post in a few days, mostly because life has just been moving right along, and no one thing seemed worth a blog post devoted to it.
I've been knitting Alex a new sweater since the Aran sweater turned out so well. The new one will be charcoal gray with an orange star on the chest. Ron's mom mentioned star-bellied sneetches, which I had totally forgotten about, so Alex got a new book yesterday to go with the new sweater I'm making him. :) He's also been really fascinated with cars lately, so he got Richard Scarry's Book of Things that Go. Of course, for him anything with a motor is a car (lawn mowers, trains, etc.), so we've been working on the difference between cars and trucks, cars and airplanes, and so on.
In dog-related news, Hank has finally learned to swim! I'll post photographic evidence tomorrow. :) On Sunday when we were at Magnuson Dog Park he went into the water and was actually swimming to get his tennis ball, and the last two mornings I've been throwing the ball into the river at Marymoor for him, and he's really swimming! It's exciting to see him finally do it-he's figured out how fun it is. He is a lab, after all ;).
This weekend we had my friend Dan Gronwald from Pacifica staying with us. He was in town for a workshop, so we offered him the use of our spare bedroom. On Saturday night we had my friend Liz and her husband over for dinner (Liz was also in our class at Pacifica). It was such a gorgeous day-rarely hot for spring-over 80. We ate outside on our deck, and it was so much fun. Ron Alex and I went down to Pike Place Market in the morning and got a dozen oysters, salmon, fresh asparagus, and a pear tart from the French bakery. It was my first time with raw oysters at home, and they were so delicious! The salmon turned out really good too-Ron cooked it on cedar planks (the traditional NW way of cooking salmon), and it was so delicious.

We also went to my niece Korienne's 7th birthday party on Saturday afternoon. My brother Chris has been urging me to express some of my feelings about the situation with my dad in this blog, but I don't think it's a good idea. For one thing, if I did that, I wouldn't really be on a break from things, I'd just be communicating in a different way. I know he's been really involved in the situation, as he and my dad have been talking things over about me, but I'm really not ready yet to reengage with that situation just yet. I'm still looking for a therapist, for one thing.

No comments: